Thứ Tư, 27 tháng 7, 2016

Would You Date A Guy With Tourette's?



Brent Zillwood, 22, is one of the subjects of the new Channel 4 English documentary "The Undateables," an honest look at what it's like to date with a disability — something 70 percent of England wouldn't even consider, according to a recent survey (via Daily Mail).
Zillwood's co-stars are some men and women with dwarfism, a man with Aspergers Syndrome and one with Aperts Syndrome, which causes contortion of the face. He knows why some women would be uncomfortable on dates with him:
"In the back of my mind, I am always worrying that the Tourette's is going to draw attention to me, and therefore to my date, which will make her feel really awkward because the whole room will be staring at her. Going out with me is like going on a date with a live grenade and hoping that it doesn't go off. I hate the awkward silences because that is when the Tourette's really wants to come out. I can never tell how my Tourette's is going to act. I wish I could keep it at home on the days I am going on dates."
But ironically, when Zillwood actually is with someone, it calms his Tourette's down. "Being in love is like a form of medication for my Tourette's. 'When I'm sleeping next to someone I have no Tourette's, no insomnia, no nightmares, nothing."
Resource: cosmopolitan.com

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét