Thứ Tư, 24 tháng 8, 2016

There's a New Lesbian Dating App and Like All Lesbian Dating Apps, It's Basically Garbage

It seems like once a year, there's a new lesbian/queer dating app that comes out and it hardly works, soon becomes forgotten, and every queer woman on earth sighs a heavy sigh and continues on with her day. The latest in these is frustrating "Jesus, can't queer women have anything nice?!" apps is Her, a reincarnation of the app that was previously launched as Daatch. 
The app, which is now available throughout the United States and United Kingdom, is billing itself as "a mobile app to help lesbian, gay, bisexual, bicurious and queer women meet each other" and says it's intended only for:
every woman out there that also likes women and wants to connect with them. This includes
  • Cis and transwomen
  • Non-binary identified
Only women that are 18 years of age or over are allowed to join HER.
All great things! However, when I tried to login with my Facebook, it initially just kept sending me back to the app store for some reason, and then after a few tries, finally sent me to authorize and sign in via my Facebook (which has "neither" selected as the gender) and it wouldn't let me on, saying I didn't "qualify." 
The glitch must have repaired itself because eventually it let me on (after I deleted and re-downloaded it four times). But once I got on there and was promised I would "meet all the women" (which I of course assume means "all the women in the entire world via this one app"), I found that most of "all the women" were blank profiles with no info. Whether that's the fault of the app creators or people just signing up and not putting in a photo, who knows. 
To make matters worse, I ran out of "babes" after eight mostly blank profiles and then it had to search for more.
And I live in freaking NYC, which has countless queer women in it! I can't imagine this being very much fun for anyone who lives in a small town and is seeking "babes" (Also can we stop with the use of the word babes? No? OK.).
Look, I get that it's a new app, and I don't want to throw it under the bus when a queer dating app is so desperately needed, but why can't queer women have one that freaking works from the get-go? Gay men have Grindr (which I'm guessing loaded easily and with actual profiles from the get-go), straight people have Tinder (which I know for a fact loaded easily and with actual profiles from the get-go), and queer women have a spinning circle that says "finding you all the babes" that hours later resulted in the locating of zero babes. Plus, I can't even say that it's for lack of funding because Her just received $1 million in funding.
I wish you well, Her, I really do. But if I have to swipe through one more malfunctioning queer dating app, I might cry all over my phone and need to get a new one because of water damage. 
Follow Lane on Twitter and Instagram
Resource:cosmopolitan

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét